|(C) ASW 2012|
Of the many classes and ritual workshops that I attended, I think that I enjoyed the Plenary Discussions the best. The Assembly has graciously filmed and created mp3 files of the two talks, and I will include links to them here.
The first Plenary Discussion was on Friday morning, and was titled,
"The Turning Of The Ages: What To Keep, What To Throw Away, And How To Decide"
The following Honored Teachers were members of this panel:
Aeptha, of Light Haven
T. Thorn Coyle
Ivo Dominguez, jr.
and Michael G Smith as moderator.
If you haven't already watched the panel online (about 1.5 hrs), I would suggest that you find some time (perhaps on a weekend when you don't have any chores/appts.) and commit yourself to the inspiring messages given through these teachers. They discuss humanity's evolution, and how this past Solstice (of 2012) was such a powerful moment in Time. I know I will be referring back to it over and over again, especially as I don't understand everything that's said until the second or third time around!
Here are some profound quotes, to peak your interest (presenter's names abbreviated & cited next to quote):
- "It is our duty to bring transmutation and change to everyone, because we are the only ritual tradition in the West who knows how!" (SW)
- "How can we force a change when we can't change ourselves?" (SW)
- "You must cross a boundary with Intent and Expectation (be prepared for the consequences)!" (KM)
- "If you have a plan to break/destroy, then have a plan to create/grow!" (KM)
- "Focus on safety, but be prepared for Uncomfortable." (KM)
- "For those of you in this room, your life's work is about the changing of the Ages." (Ivo)
- "Breathe in curiosity, and learn how to learn again." (Thorn)
- "Even the most perfect plans need adjustment." (Ivo)
- "Magical people have a greater capacity to be Awake and Present in their lives, and not just Fade Out and go on Unconscious Navigation." (Ivo)
- "Good Errors happen while we are awake, and Bad Errors happen when we are asleep at the wheel!" (Ivo)
- "It takes a great amount of Awake-ness to remain open and not define ourselves by what we are Not; it leads to greater growth and accountability." (Aeptha)
- "I am not any of the things I name myself." (SW)
- "Am I running away from my gifts, or towards them?" (Ivo)
- "We are not necessarily going to see the End Game of the change we help foster." (Aeptha)
- "We need to think at the Mythic Level: what will we learn? What is the end result?" (KM)
- "We need to feel the pain and not get trapped in it!" (Thorn)
- "Make a commitment and stop fucking around!" (Thorn)
- "Invoke often!" (SW)
- "Form spiritual and mundane relationships!" (Ivo)
- "In the words of Samuel L. Jackson, 'Wake the Fuck Up!' " (KM)
- "Do the work in all aspects of our lives!" (Aeptha)